My brain started spinning after a long day of gross anatomy lab. Seriously, I was in the lab today dissecting cadavers like no man's business for a good FOUR HOURS. When I stepped out, my brain was spinning with the names of all sorts of nerves and muscles: myelohyoid, sternohyoid, sternothyroid, thyrohyoid, sternocleidomastoid, internal carotid artery, common carotid artery, phrenic nerve (which is right on top of the anterior scalene muscle)...just to name a few (lol)...oh well, you're reading my blog right now so you have no other choice than to read it (apparently that statement shd let you know that any time I try to tell my friends about it they shut me up...he he...opportunity comes but once).
So ehen, as I was saying...so since I was done with lab work, my brain decided to take a break...and what did it come up with? The most crazy thoughts ever. It was busy reflecting on "standards" that some dudes had the GUTS to set last year, to the utter disappointment and regret of the other dudes left hanging:
* The guy who bought my friend (his girlfriend) a classy new car.
* The guy who made breakfast for all the ladies in da house when we went over (and that breakfast was......ahhhhh....indescribable). Now I can't bother to step down to any guy who can't cook EVER in my life again. You must be dreaming! Cooking is the in thing now...it's no longer the other way around! Take it or get dumped!
* The guy who was so disciplined last year that he made me wanna go to the gym...(no comment on this one, but me I like disciplined guys sha, meaning that if he remains this disciplined he'll be fit for life, and basically in the future all his children will be fit too, because he will train them right).
* The guy who played the melodic tunes of a trumpet during his wedding thanksgiving ceremony...then he now brought a bouquet of roses at the end of the jamz (very cheesy, but bold...in front of everybody...lol)
* Then what about the "God-fearing guys" I met in 2006? (I can list all of them, and I respect each and every one of them for loving God the way they do). These were the guys who made the decision to walk in a certain path and to choose to do the right thing not bothering about what the general mass of people do, and never once did they look back...men after God's own heart...
Keep being you...
As few as the things they did last year may seem, these guys still set the standards for other guys to follow. I'm proud I met each one of them....in 2007...guys better not go any lower than these, you've gotta start learning how to respect yourselves and ur women...
Scripture on the mind: Hebrews 11:3 "By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible... Verse 13 These (Abraham, Sarah, Moses etc) all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them."
"To desire something better in life is to desire something that God is not ashamed to prepare and deliver to you. Proclaim it with your mouth, and receive it by faith" Quote by Me.