|[Image by Alejandro Groenewold]|
God has done a great thing in my life that deserves to be shouted on the rooftops.
For the past three years, I've only had part-time positions, and I've been waiting for a door of opportunity to be plunged into a full-time professional setting. So I waited, and I prayed, and I cried, and I waited. I applied for so many positions and heard nothing. One year turned into two years, and two years into three. But still nothing. Yet, God knew the right position for me...and the right time. So He allowed me to dabble with these part-time positions until last week. In this past week, I applied for a position, I got a call and was scheduled for an interview. All in one week. In the next two days after the interview, I was told the position was mine; I'd been selected out of four great candidates who were interviewed.
I've never had my own office, but now I do. I can design it, organize it, and arrange it the way I want. On my first day, I was also plunged into the concepts of project management and an area of leadership. One beautiful thing about this testimony is that this job is higher than any other thing I've applied for over the past three years. So in those moments when I heard nothing, I did not understand fully that God was preparing a better place in the background. I'm sharing this with you just to let you know that if you haven't heard any answers, please just stay in the presence of God...don't go away. He's right there with you, and He is preparing a place for you.
Things to Do While Waiting for Your Testimony:
1) Praise God All the Time: In the good times and bad, He is still God. He isn't with you only when things are looking bright. But He is with you ALWAYS, He said, till the end of time. This means that if you have the knowledge that He's with you, you will praise Him in and out of season. You will thank Him for your past testimonies, and for the things He is about to do with you.
2) Know what His word says about you: There are things God has already written concerning you. Let me give you an analogy: if you have a map of a maze in your hand, and you are in the middle of the maze, there's this confidence that will come over you that will let you know you're going to make it out of the maze. Why? Because you have a map and you can read it. Even though the maze takes you through many alternating paths, you will still have confidence that in a few hours you would be at the end. It's the same thing with knowing what God says about you. If your circumstances try to lie to you, you won't be moved. How do you know? By reading His word.
3) Celebrate With Other People: Don't cut yourself off from the world. Because something great has not yet happened to you does not mean it will never happen. The bible says in Romans 12:15 that we must "rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep." When you celebrate someone else, when it is your turn to be celebrated, you will not lack a person to celebrate you. But when your nose is turned off to the world and you become dejected, in your own time, there won't be anybody left to celebrate with you.
4) Don't Give Excuses: Don't say you cannot do something for God because you don't have the finances. If God has led you into doing something, He will make a way. He makes a way when there seems to be no way. Walk by faith, not by sight. Don't wait. Every second counts. Also the bible says in Luke 16:10, "He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much." There were some things that God asked me to do, which I struggled with, but I still did them. If I didn't do them, how would God hand over the bigger tasks into my hands? The key is faithfulness to little things.
5) Surround Yourself With the Right People: From my experience, when I've surrounded myself with the wrong sets of people, they never lifted me up. But when I surround myself with people who have a purpose in life, who know where they're going (although they might not have reached it yet), they fill me with so much hope. Also, I surrounded myself with friends who made me laugh and made my situation light. There's this friend that cracks me up so bad, that I'm even giggling as I'm typing this.
Question for the Day: Are you waiting for a testimony right now? Stay in the presence of God. He will come through for you. I'm a living testimony that He came through.