|[Image by Jesse Draper]|
This week, I was awarded the "Stylish & Versatile" title by some very wonderful blogger friends. Thank you Jhazmyn on Girl-Next-Door, In-the-midst-of-her, His Darlyn, H on Crush-Thots, Blessing on Blessing's Outlet, iLola, Dee on Issues-et-al, GospelGirl, Naijalines, DoshiX, & RoseofSharon for tagging me as 'stylish & versatile.'
1) Thank the person(s) who gave you the award and link back to them in your post (CHECK).
2) Tell us 7 things about yourself.
3) Award 15 other bloggers.
4) Contact these bloggers & let them know that they've won.
7 Things About Me:
1) I am a People Watcher. I get entertained by watching people. In an airport I'd willingly watch little kids & their mamas, couples holding hands, or people trying to check in their luggages (some in a frenzy pulling giant over-sized suitcases, or the calm ones with only a briefcase), or people having random loud phone conversations as though they are the only ones in the waiting area. I love telling the stories of strangers even when I don't know their names. Have you seen the movie 'Date Night?' Yes, I could have easily been Tina Fey, trying to explain what the woman on the next seat is thinking while she's on a date with a bald-headed guy, instead of focusing on my own food and my own handsome date.
2) I love Board Games. But only when they stimulate me. I would sit with you for long hours playing Chess, Scrabble, Apples to Apples, or Taboo. I haven't played Chess in a long while because most of the people around me prefer shorter games, and it seems like I don't have the time myself anymore. I love Scrabble though. I feel like some sort of Grand Master at Scrabble. Could be because of my love for new words. I have new words sent to my email from Dictionary.com every single day.
3) I can whip a fantastic Interior design. Not whipped cream, but I'd do it for free. It's like a hobby. My friends know to call me up when they need a design idea or when they move to a new apartment or home. I love architectural designs, HGTV, and everything spectacular in home design. I love to go to IKEA just to look around and stare at their Art works, or any shop that has to do with design, like Michaels for instance. In our home, we have three large motifs printed on Canvas hanging on a wall. Such a beautiful sight! I also have a thing for web design & html codes, and a thing for nicely designed journals and notebooks, I can't write in a plain boring notebook. Forget it, it yields no inspiration whatsoever. There has to be some sort of neat print.
4) In the Womb, I stood. In the 35th week of pregnancy, the baby is supposed to turn around so that he/she is configured with the head facing downwards, ready to be born. Oh, but not me. I was standing in my mother's womb when it was time for me to come out into the world, while other babies had turned upside down ready to come out. In a way, maybe it's because I wasn't ready? Oh well, they brought me out anyhow. It's pretty funny.
5) Beautiful Music Inspires Me. When I say 'beautiful music' I mean clean, fresh, inspiring lyrics. Songs that make you pause, reflect, fall in love with God. In the past few weeks, I came across some videos of such songs I'd like to share.
Jason Castro singing "You Are"
Britt Nicole singing "Walk on the Water"
Bona Ekundayo singing "Heart of Worship"
(Watch out for her Debut Album this February)
Brandon Heath singing "Your Love"
6) I'll exchange your Real-life movie for a great Animated movie. There's something about animation that I can't quite put a finger on. I don't know if it's the same explanation for works of Fiction. They take you to a place where real people can't take you, or maybe they just express emotions that we sometimes wish we can express more of. The freedom to be themselves for instance. Or maybe I'm just a child who is unfortunately twenty-something years old, and I don't want to grow up. Some animated movies I've seen (and loved) recently: Despicable Me, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung-Fu Panda, and Ratatouile.
7) My Siblings Walk on Egg Shells. Nah, just kidding. I'm just trying to say that I love them so much and sometimes I want to walk their own paths for them, not because they can't do it themselves, but because I don't want to see them make mistakes. But I have to learn to trust God that He's taking care of them (more than I can ever dream of doing). I want them to learn from my own mistakes and not have to walk in the same shoes. I want them to have a better life and a higher passion to accomplish the purpose God created them for. They are rock stars in my head. :) But then again, let's not forget that I'm a first-born & maybe all first-borns feel the same way.
BREAKING THE RULE...
I hereby break the rule & tag 44 of my current favorite bloggers and faithful commentators here on the Lamp who have not done this yet to do it. I'd love to read 7 things about you. I also encourage you to check/follow their blogs as well. They are stylish & oh-so-versatile (in my fake Italian accent). This is also my little way of saying I've been blessed by your zeal, passion, faithfulness, & by reading your versatile inspiring blogs & comments. I do hope you see this. If you haven't done this and I forgot to add your name by any chance, I'd still love to read 7 things about you. The following people/blogs are now TAGGED!
1) The Unspoken
3) De-Me-Stified by Imisi
4) Untitled by Michael Perkins
5) Life of a Stranger Called Me
8) Right Here...Right Now by Mwajimal
11) Rain Drops on a Rose
12) A Day in God's Will by Remi Banjo
13) Just Joxy
14) From Now Till I Do
15) Ero Lyrics by Rita
16) Le Dynamique Professeur
17) GRIP by Lani
18) Shola Okubote of Femme Lounge
20) My World of Acting
21) Rahab's Memoirs by Tolu
22) Favor's Heart
23) A Holy Experience by Ann Voskamp
24) Patti Laci
25) Good Naija Girl (GNG)
28) Funms D Rebirth
29) Pawpaw & Mango
31) Cycleguy's Spin by Bill Grandi
32) Nikole Hahn
33) Chizzy D
34) Fabulosity Unwritten
35) A Bloke's Life by El Bagucci or Dhjax
36) Apples to Cross
37) Rethots' Musings
38) Melodies of Love by Debbie
39) Miss Onaihre (Kemi Penelope)
40) Remi Roy
41) Tisha Smith
42) Venus Speaks
44) No Limit
See you back here on the LAMP on Monday. Have a blessed and fantastic restful weekend :)